When I think of fall and winter, I think of cold hands, pumpkin spice lattes, dry skin, ankle boots, cozy sweaters, rainy mornings, foundation that doesn't match me anymore, and more dry skin. Prepping your skin and switching up a few items in your makeup bag will make a world of difference when getting into the colder months. Below I am compiling a list of skin care and cosmetic items to combat harsher climates!
1. Sonia Roselli Sex-A-Peel Instant Exfoliation Spray. This liquid exfoliant is super gentle on even the most sensitive of skin. You spray it on, rub it in, and watch the skin bead up and peel off. Our skin may be losing moisture during the winter time, but exfoliation is just as important to keep new healthy skin growth and to combat those dry patches.
2. Image Skincare Vital-C Hydrating Repair Creme. This rich, non greasy moisturizing creme is loaded with antioxidants and emollients to hydrate stressed, dehydrated skin and gives the skin a great base for foundation.
3. Image Skincare Ageless Total Eye Lift Creme. This glycolic/retinol blend eye creme will help to resurface fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, and texture around the eye area. It is better to use retinols and acids in the winter, when the sun's rays aren't as strong to minimize any sun damage that can happen while the skin is sensitized.
4. Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick. These shadow sticks are a favorite of mine for winter because I can use a light one such as Golden Pink for a soft wash of color, and then bump it up to a smokey eye by adding Rich Caviar or Heather Steel for a holiday party or a night out with friends. They go on creamy, but dry down and become long wearing and crease proof.
5. Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for lip and cheek. Another Bobbi Brown favorite! This lip and cheek creme is perfect for adding a glow from within for those dreary months. Use a natural color like Powder Pink for a soft natural nude pink wash of color, or bump it up with Raspberry for a richer flush across the cheeks and a beautiful berry tone to the lip.
6. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. Finding a great concealer that doesn't crease, is long wearing, and can cover up dark circles while looking natural can be a difficult find, but this concealer from NARS covers all your bases. Dotting on a tiny bit of this concealer under the eye instantly brightens and diffuses any trace of dark circles or hyperpigmentation, without looking cakey or amplifying any skin texture issues.
7. Picky individual lash clusters. These are such a great find! If you are not one for fake lashes, but want a little bit of drama in your holiday party eye makeup, these small lash clusters are easy to apply and give volume without looking like false lashes. You can also mix and match styles to customize your entire look.
8. Tom Ford lipstick. What else can I say about Tom Ford except that he owns my soul? His rich, creamy lipsticks combine luxury with true color payoff, comfortable feel, and long wearing properties. For the holidays I prefer a classic red like Cherry Lush, or a natural pink like Pink Dusk or Spanish Pink if you're pairing the lip with a smokey eye.
9. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector. This is the PERFECT liquid highlighter because you can wear it on it's own patted over the high points of the face, or mixed in with your favorite foundation to give yourself a glow. Try Moonstone for light skin tones, and Opal for medium to deeper skin tones.
10. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille perfume. The ultimate sultry warm scent for winter. Tom Ford's perfumes come with a hefty price tag, but one spray will last through the entire day. Tobacco Vanille has warm notes of tobacco, spices, tonka bean, vanilla and cocoa. It's warm, sexy, rich, and perfectly luxurious. It's the perfect scent to warm up these cold nights.